Sunday, May 16, 2010

What is the WHat?

Is what I was listening to last weekend on my long run, which was supposed to be a 12, but ended up as a 13.5+-ish out and back on Benton Crossing Road. I had forgotten how much I enjoy listening to audiobooks while runnning - and has made me re-think my decision to cancel my Audible subscription, which I wasn't using since I stopped commuting last fall. Fortunately the audiobook of "What is the What" is something like 20 hours...that's about 120 miles of listening pleasure. So, not too windy, and not too hot either, which made for a pretty good run, though I was definitely feeling wearysome by the last mile.

The rest of the week was very busy at work, and it was my "down" week in the good ol' training plan. Hence, lazy bum that I am, I only did one 4-ish mile run in Mammoth (which is like 7 anywhere else), and nuthin' more. Hah!

Today was a 9-mile run, kinda chilly out at Benton Crossing, and ridiculous headwind on the way back, requiring me to put my head down and try not to be be blown backwards. Overall an 8:40-ish pace, which felt pretty good given the conditions, and my fr-icking IT band which was tweaky at mile 8.5, requiring a little walking before I could finish the last half mile. I hope this is not the start of something bad, since it's been feeling pretty good, what with all the (agonizing) foam rollering that I've been doing. May take the next couple of days off and see where it's at.

No comments: