Sunday, May 2, 2010

Add 15 degrees



No matter what the weather is in Mammoth, you can pretty much add 15-20 degrees to that, and that's how hot it is in Bishop. So, today was pretty nice in Mammoth (60's), thus a somewhat sweltering 70 or so in the Bishop area, site of today's long run. Mr.BL and the boy went to Millpond park while I went for my scheduled 10-miler on the dirt roads next to the Tungsten hills.

It was definitely hillier than anything I've run lately, and hotter too (three weeks ago I was running wearing long tights, gloves and and a hat) - so it felt kind of hard. Still, I finished at around a 9:30 pace. Stats from SportTracks:


We drove down to Bishop afterwards for a taste of the big city, Eastern Sierra style. There's a new-ish store that sells used outdoor gear. Due to the fact that everyone here has way too much outdoor stuff, this place is quite the treasure trove. For me, lover of both outdoor gear and a good bargain (not usually words to be spoken in the same sentence), this place was incredible - three new running shirts (Nike and patagonia for a mere $20). Score! I shall return.

Goals for this week - do my prescribed runs on Tuesday and Thursday, hopefully some yoga on Weds, and aim to stay sane in what I know is going to be a crazy week.
















No comments: